How would it feel to…?
- Really improve your confidence when riding, by having a clear focus?
- Have a clear structure to follow when schooling your horse?
- Be inspired to try different schooling exercises with your horse?
- Have access to correct and progressive training, without spending a fortune?
- Have access to high quality coaching, without leaving the comfort of your yard?
- Understand the correct principles of training horses, which apply regardless of your level of experience?
- Have a more secure and balanced position in the saddle?
- Make the most of your time riding, and feel like you are making progress towards your goals?
- Be part of a community of like-minded, supportive and encouraging horse owners?
My name is Alison Buttery and I have spent many years exploring and developing the very best techniques to inspire and train horses and riders to achieve their potential.
I believe that all riders, regardless of their level of experience or knowledge, deserve access to the very best coaching.
I have created The Everyday Equestrian Academy to inspire, support and coach grassroots, amateur horse riders, and help people like you to make progress and build a better relationship with their horses.
Do any of these sound familiar…?
- You struggle to find the time to ride?
- You lack focus in your schooling?
- You worry that you’re doing it wrong?
- You struggle to think of and ride appropriate exercises to improve your horse?
- You’d like regular lessons but can’t afford them?
- You lack motivation to ride and need support?
- You lack confidence
- You don’t have transport to get you to clinics or events away from the yard
- You’ve got loads of books with ridden exercises in, but you never quite know where to start!
The Academy community inspires horse riders to improve their riding and confidence, develop their horse’s way of going, and enjoy schooling their horse on the flat, over poles and when jumping.
The Academy is an online membership community which provides monthly training specifically for grassroots, amateur horse riders.
Each month, you’ll have access to a range of resources, specifically designed to improve different elements of the horse’s way of going on the flat and over fences. The monthly training packages are focussed around a specific theme, and are made up of instructional videos, webinars and downloadable hand-outs.
As a member of the Academy, you’ll have access to our thriving Facebook group, where we share additional tips and tricks, alongside celebrating our successes and progress.
“The Academy has taught me how to structure my training, and the techniques I need in order to achieve my goal.
My self-confidence has gone from strength to strength, being able to now plan my own schooling sessions and have a clear objective and outcomes.
Using the fantastic coaching videos, you can see the exercises being ridden by real people and real horses.
My schooling has improved significantly; long gone are the days of aimlessly riding around the arena with no plan!
The Academy has helped me to identify goals, and break these down week by week into practice sessions; what was once a dream, with the fantastic support and help from the Academy, will now be a reality, for which I thank you!”
” I found that the Academy exercises have given me a focus and plan for my schooling.
It has even made me attempt some things that I didn’t honestly think we were ready for, so it really does help you push your boundaries!
Onwards and upwards!”
So what do you actually get as a member of the Academy?
Each monthly training package includes:
- One monthly theme
- Selection of ridden exercises
- Instructional videos for each exercise
- Downloadable hand-out
- Webinars and Facebook Lives each month offering specific, detailed support on how to get the most from each exercise, and an opportunity to ask questions
- You also get access to the FULL back catalogue of the Academy, so you can choose from a wide selection of exercises from previous months
In addition, you’ll have access to:
- Closed Facebook group for Academy members
- Regular Challenges
- Monthly tips & tricks on rider position, mindset and confidence
- Guest speakers
- The price you pay (monthly or annually) will remain the same for as long as you stay in the Academy membership
- You’ll also get exclusive discounts on other products and services from The Everyday Equestrian
“I have always struggled having a focus and aim when going to school Ted, especially between lessons. Sometimes, I finish riding Ted without feeling like I’ve achieved anything or helped him, which can make me enjoy riding less, and put it off until my next lesson.
The Academy has really helped me and Ted to go up and ride with a purpose and aim, knowing the work I am doing with him will have a benefit in the long run.
Both Ted’s and my own balance as well as concentration, have really improved whilst doing all the different pole exercises. We are improving as a combination much faster and effectively than we used to!”
Frequently Asked Questions
All of the training packages have exercises that can be ridden constructively even if you only have 20 minutes to ride! Some of the exercises can be done in-hand too.
Great! The Academy will offer extra support and exercises for you to work on in between your lessons.
There’s no such thing as not being good enough! You do NOT have to be an established rider to join. New and/or less than confidence riders are very welcome to join.
The monthly training packages are just as applicable for novices as experienced riders; the same basic principles apply to everyone, and the training exercises can be tailored according to your level of skills and confidence.
Great! Welcome to the madness! This is a perfect opportunity to really develop your knowledge and experience.
No, absolutely not.
The Academy is NOT designed to replace lessons with a qualified, experienced coach.
However, many people can’t afford regular lessons, or perhaps they can’t find a coach they can work with in their area.
The Academy aims to support those riders who can’t access regular, constructive training for any reason (but as above, it can also provide motivation and support for riders who do have regular lesson).
That’s fine, perhaps you could use a corner of a field, or even incorporate some of the exercises while out hacking (if it’s safe to do so, obviously!)
Ooh I love this question! Each month, the exercises get progressively more difficult, and even then we can stretch and challenge you as a rider in many different ways… trust me, I can help you ride more effectively!
What a shame if you’re out of action, but don’t worry you can still join and share in the community. You can access all the resources and plan you return to riding, when you’re fit and healthy again.
Yes, you’re totally right! There are a huge number of resources out there to help you improve your riding and your horse’s way of going.
However, as a member of the Academy, you have access to a community of like-minded people (and me!) to help support and guide your progress. You can ask questions via FB Lives or Webinars; you’re not on your own, hoping for the best!
Not only that, each exercise is explained in detail, identifying how you can tailor it to the needs of you and your horse. You’ll have the opportunity to really design your schooling sessions according to your equestrian goals. No more flicking through books or watching short videos on FB trying to decide what to do.
Get focussed and get supported, right here in the Academy!
So what does it cost?
You can join the Academy for just £19.99 per month. That’s it.
For less than the price of a coffee each week, you’ll get practical and achievable training, plus the support of the most lovely community.
To get the very best value, become an annual member for just £199, and get TWO MONTHS absolutely free!
Remember, whichever type of membership you choose, your subscription price will stay the same for as long as you are a member of the Academy, and you’ll be exempt from all future price rises.
But maybe you’re not sure.
Maybe you’re wondering whether Academy membership is for you.
Well that’s no problem – just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 07973788480 if you’d like to find out more.